“Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then get on with living. There's more to life than decorating.” — Albert Hadley
What is Indie Aesthetic?
The term "indie" has recently become associated with younger age groups who prefer vibrant and intense colors, funky designs, rainbows, and other elements reminiscent of childhood. This has given rise to the "indie kid aesthetic." The original version of indie, on the other hand, was distinguished by the use of more muted colors, grainy Polaroid pictures, vinyl records, and other vintage items valued for their authenticity and nostalgia.
This style is often inspired by elements of the 60s and 70s, and has similarities with the hippie aesthetic. Faux ivy, led strips, faux mushrooms, Polaroid photos, CD's and vinyl records will be great options for your indie aesthetic room!
How to make your room Indie?
if you're reading this, most of the work has already been done!
To create an indie aesthetic room, you can incorporate elements of psychedelic aesthetics, such as tapestries and posters with mushroom and psychedelic motifs. Posters with vibrant colors will also add atmosphere to your room. Consider adding objects such as artificial mushrooms and ivy to add freshness to your aesthetic room.
Lighting is also an important component of an indie aesthetic room. LED strips, table lamps, and string lights can create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Additionally, you can use CD discs and vinyl records as wall decor.
When choosing bedding, consider sets with interesting motifs, such as cow spots or checkered patterns.
Tips And Tricks for your Indie Aesthetic Room
- Start with a color palette that includes vibrant colors, yellows and greens, and bright accents.
- Incorporate patterns and motifs like animal prints, floral patterns and tie-dye!
- You can use Indie bedding to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in your room.
- To add a warm and welcoming glow to your space, choose Indie lighting fixtures such as string lights and cute lamps.
- Add Plushies and accessories like jewelry holders, desk organizers, and vases to bring the Indie aesthetic to every corner of your room.
- Last but not least, have fun and be creative! The Indie aesthetic is all about unique, so let your personality shine through in your room!